Job Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Industry type: NGO
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract term: Full-Time
ABOUT CENTRE FOR DEMOCRACY AND DEVELOPMENT (CDD)
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy, and capacity building organisation. The purpose was to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratisation and development processes in West Africa. Our mission is to be the prime catalyst and facilitator for strategic analysis and capacity building for sustainable democracy and development in West Africa. CDD set out to generate dialogue on alternative pathways that are universally relevant and context sensitive. The Centre remains focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centred development, and human rights.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. in social sciences or other related field. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in an international non-governmental organisation.
- Experience in data collection tool design, data analysis, and data quality, experience developing and implementing survey instruments using electronic tools is required.
- Understanding of M&E methodology and procedure
- Experience in the development of knowledge products in compliance with donor’s requirements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Office Suites
- Provide technical M&E support to ensure accurate data collection from partners and project activities.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures/framework
- Monitor all project activities, and progress towards achieving the project activities work plan.
- Harvest outcomes of implemented activities, success stories and put into a lesson’s learned framework.
- Assist project teams in documentation of success stories and lessons learned.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project and donor reporting.
- Monitor and evaluate overall projects progress on achievement of results.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
- Provide feedback to the project leads on project strategies and activities.
- Suggest strategies to the project team for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Conduct fieldwork, surveys, and data quality audits and report.
- Ensure project officers, and partners understand the key deliverables and indicators in donor-approved M&E framework, and the data needed for internal and external monitoring
- Facilitate timely planning and preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and final reports.
- Participate in internal project reviews and donor project reviews.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants for the position above must email their CVs and Cover letter (not more than 3pages) sent in word or pdf document to: email@example.com using the “Name and Job title” as the subject of the mail.
15th July 2022
Please note that applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
- CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates and people living with disability are STRONGLY encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.