Job Position: Communications Officer
Industry type: NGO
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract term: Full-Time
ABOUT CENTRE FOR DEMOCRACY AND DEVELOPMENT (CDD)
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy, and capacity building organisation. The purpose was to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratisation and development processes in West Africa. Our mission is to be the prime catalyst and facilitator for strategic analysis and capacity building for sustainable democracy and development in West Africa. CDD set out to generate dialogue on alternative pathways that are universally relevant and context sensitive. The Centre remains focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centred development, and human rights.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. or its equivalent Mass communication computer science or other related field. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of two years of experience in communication role. Experience in international NGO is required.
- Knowledgeable in developing communications strategies.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop) basic HTML, and other web design tools is strongly recommended
- Quality experience in the use of social media and digital platforms.
- Higher qualification in Communication and Media would be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience as a Communications and Media practitioner with any agency or NGO is an asset.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Applicants must have impeccable attention to detail and a good eye for high quality design.
- Great multi-tasking skills and experience in delivering to digital audiences
- Good visibility enhancement skills and ability to engage actively via social media.
- Provide support to the organisation on all communication activities.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on donor’s requirements.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of communication prints and audio-visual materials.
- Enhance the organisation’s visibility on project activities and events.
- Provide media relations support for all staff of the organisation including responding to requests and gathering input for talking points.
- Provide support to the organisation’s public campaigns and events.
- Assist in Design and creation of social media content as well as content for all communication channels (website, social media, Basecamp, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative e.t.c)
- Support in planning, monitoring, and reporting of communication activities.
- Assist the programme unit in implementing planned communications activities.
- Support in the production of the Newsletters, Annual reports, and editorial series for Publications.
- Conduct research that will develop innovative, engaging, and informative content on the organisation’s website.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants for the position above must email their CVs and Cover letter (not more than 3pages) sent in word or pdf document to: email@example.com using the “Name and Job title” as the subject of the mail.
15th July 2022
Please note that applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
- CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates and people living with disability are STRONGLY encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.