The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997, and registered in Nigeria in 1999, as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity-building organisation. The purpose was to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratisation and development processes in West Africa. Our goal is to serve as the ultimate catalyst in the transformation of the West African sub-continent into an integrated, economically vibrant and democratically governed community that assures holistic security to the population and is capable of permanent peaceful conflict management.
Theme: A Call for a Company Supply and install Data Infrastructure Equipment to Anti-Corruption Agency in Nigeria under The Nigeria Anti-Corruption Agencies Strengthening Initiative Project, Phase II (NACASIP II) implemented by CDD.
The Nigeria Anti-Corruption Agencies Strengthening Initiative Project (NACASIP II) seeks to contribute to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of Anti-corruption Agencies (ACAs) in the fight against corruption, primarily through targeted capacity building, support for forensics and evidence gathering, peer learning, information sharing, forging synergy and coordination amongst the ACAs. The support focuses on five core ACAs amongst the over twenty-four institutions with an anti-corruption mandate in Nigeria. The support will strengthen the ACAs to perform their core duties of investigation, enforcement and prevention.
- The Consultant will be responsible for planning, designing, supplying, configuring, installation of hard/software, setting up a forensic laboratory, and transfer of technical expertise to the anti-corruption agency by providing adequate training and maintenance of equipment.
- Based on the need of the respective ACA, purchase, supply and set up key project forensic laboratory equipment for the organization in line with the manufacturer’s specification
- Training of personnel: Identify and train key relevant staff members of the selected ACA on the use and maintenance of the equipment which must be accompanied with detailed training manuals/tools and modules to be used and a post-installation and maintenance mentoring program
- Lead in the installations of hardware and software and other key equipment.
- Reporting: Prepare and submit periodic activities, delivery and installation reports to CDD on the ACA.
- Impact Assessment: The consultants shall prepare periodic impact assessment progress reports and activity reports in line with guidelines from the ACA.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
The Consultant shall possess competencies in the following areas:
- Relevant IT Project Management skills and experience
- At least 10 years of cognate experience in implementing similar assignments in the area of data infrastructural setup & Management for reputable public or private sector organizations; such assignments should have been done in the last three years.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Accounting/Audit, Social Sciences or similar studies, and relevant professional certifications (e.g C.ITP, PRINCE2/ PMP, CISA, CRISC etc). Experience in successfully delivering similar assignments in Nigeria or developing world context is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
The closing date for the application is 9th September 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a proposal and budget to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “PROCUREMENT” in Capital Letters as the Subject.
Below are the equipment and quantities
- EXTENSION OF CRIME RECORDS INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CRIMS)
|1||Application Server – HP Proliant Server DL380 G10, 2 X 3.0 GHz 16 Cores, 512GB Ram, 10TB HDD||1|
|2||Network Attached Storage – Dell PowerEdge R540 server 2.4 GHz 32 GB Rack (2U) Intel Xeon Silver 495 W DDR4-SDRAM (PER540PLM03) with 12 Bay 3.5” Drives and 2TB SATA HDD||1|
|3||Storage Drives -Toshiba 3.5” 12TB SATA HDD||12|
|2||SQL Server 2019 License Standard Server – 20 CALS||1|
- AML/CFT Data Management Framework (Part of MER Activity)
To provide a central database for the collation of statistics on AML/CFT/CPF activities (i.e., investigations, prosecutions, convictions, recoveries, etc.)
|1.||Application Server – HP Proliant Server DL380 G10, Intel Bronze Processor, 64GB Ram, 4TB HDD||1|
|2.||HP 15-dw1049nia 10th Gen – 15.6″ – Intel Core i7 – HDD – 1TB – 16GB RAM – Win 11 – Silver Laptop||5|
|3.||SQL Server 2019 License Standard Server||1|
|4.||HP Pavilion 24-B027 All In One PC Intel Core i7 2.9GHz 16GB RAM 1TB 24 Inch LED Screen Windows 10||10|