In view of its quest for expansion, productivity and actualization of its strategic plan and Program objectives, a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) is currently searching for competent, experienced, resourceful and proactive officers to join its team and fill the following positions:
Industry type: NGO
Job Location: Abuja.
Contract term: Full Time
- A Bachelor’s degree or HND in Information Communication, Computer Science or any other related field.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Communication and Media as well as IT
- Quality experience in the use of social media and digital platforms.
- Knowledge on the use of design software such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Higher qualification in Communication and Media would be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience as a Communications and Media practitioner with any Government entity/agency or NGO is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to operate with little or no supervision.
- Good team building qualities with excellent writing skills.
- He/she must be highly computer literate with a good knowledge of all Micro Soft office tools as well as effective handling and operation of online tools and portals.
- Good visibility enhancement skills and Ability to engage actively via social media.
- Assist in the implementation of the organisation’s Communications Strategy.
- Provide support to the Director and all Heads of Department on all communication activities.
- Lead in the development and dissemination of communication prints and audiovisual materials.
- Handle media monitoring and develop regular media reports from monitoring data.
- Provide media relations support for all staff of the organisation including responding to requests and gathering input for talking points.
- Draft press releases, statements and success stories of the organisation.
- Provide support for the organisation’s public campaigns and events.
- Lead in managing the organisation’s digital platforms.
- Assist in Design and creation of social media content as well as content for all communication channels (website, social media, Basecamp, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative e.t.c)
- Support in planning, monitoring and reporting of communication activities.
- Participate on behalf of the organisation in work related external communication groups.
- Assist the program unit in implementing planned communications activities.
- Maintain library/ database of reference materials, photos and videos of the activities.
- Provide support to enhancing visibility for all the programs and activities.
- Support in the production of the Newsletters, Annual reports and editorial series for Publications.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director or his/her designate.
- Effective Communication
- Being action-oriented, self motivated, responsible and willing to take initiative.
- Good stakeholder engagement and knowledge of donor relationship management.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functions.
- Knowledge of social media and communication strategies and methods;
- Ability to communicate with clarity of expression and a good command of English language.
- Good event planning and execution skills;
- Ability to identify relevant events and stories and communicate them to a mass audience;
- Good multimedia skills. (Radio, TV etc)
- Having an eye for detail and ability to work under work pressure and meet deadlines.
Method of Application
Applicants for the respective positions above must email their CVs (Max 3pages, Word or pdf) and a letter of expression of interest to: email@example.com using the “Name and Job title” as the subject of the mail. Two (2) writing samples, each no longer than 5 pages in respect of the Research Officer, Communication Officer and the Head of Program.
Applications Deadline: 28th February, 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- No phone calls, please.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.