The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997, and registered in Nigeria in 1999, as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity-building organisation. The purpose was to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratisation and development processes in West Africa. Our goal is to serve as the ultimate catalyst in the transformation of the West African sub-continent into an integrated, economically vibrant and democratically governed community that assures holistic security to the population and is capable of permanent peaceful conflict management.
Theme: A Call for a Forensic Company to Supply and install Forensics Laboratory Equipment For an Anti-corruption Agency under The Nigeria Anti-Corruption Agencies Strengthening Initiative Project, Phase II (NACASIP II) implemented by CDD.
The Nigeria Anti-Corruption Agencies Strengthening Initiative Project (NACASIP II) seeks to contribute to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of anti-corruption Agencies (ACAs) in the fight against corruption, primarily through targeted capacity building, support for forensics and evidence gathering, peer learning, information sharing, forging synergy and coordination amongst the ACAs. The support focuses on five core ACAs amongst the over twenty-four institutions with an anti-corruption mandate in Nigeria. The support will strengthen the ACAs to perform their core duties of investigation, enforcement and prevention.
- The Consulting company will be responsible for planning, designing, supplying, configuring, installation of hard/software, setting up the forensic laboratory and transfer of technical expertise to the anti-corruption agency by providing adequate training and maintenance of equipment.
- Based on the need of the respective ACA, the consulting company will purchase, supply and set up key project forensics equipment for the organization in line with the manufacturer’s specification
- Training of personnel: Identify and train key relevant staff members of the selected ACA on the use and maintenance of the equipment which must be accompanied with detailed training manuals/tools and modules to be used and a post-installation and maintenance mentoring program
- Lead in the installations of hardware and software and other key forensic equipment.
- Reporting: Prepare and submit periodic activities, delivery and installation reports to CDD on the equipment supply to the ACA.
- Impact Assessment: The consulting company shall prepare periodic impact assessment progress reports and activity reports in line with guidelines from the ACA.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
The Consultant shall possess competencies in the following areas:
CDD hereby request the following information with relevant supporting documents, among others:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including the most current status of Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December 2021;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2019, 2020 & 2021;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating a willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last ten (10) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates of Job Completion and photographs of the projects;
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease (where applicable);
- Costs for the equipment to the purchase
- Any other information deemed necessary by your good office e.g work with any defense or security organization
Application Closing Date
The closing date for the application is 9th September 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a proposal and budget to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “PROCUREMENT” in Capital Letters as the Subject.
Below are the equipment and quantities
|1||Upgrade of selected ICT and cybersecurity equipment (data centre upgrade, wireless LAN and access point|
|2||Upgrade of Forensic Lab and training/capacity building, computer, laptops, ICT infrastructure, software|
|3||Installation of audio-visual digital equipment, and soundproofing of 7 interview rooms in detention facility|
|4||Implementation of Phase 2 of EDMS Infrastructure|
|5||Design and implementation of digital project tracking tools for the constituency and executive Project Tracking Division (CEPD)|
|6||Improvement, including digitalization of CRA and system study review tool with analysis capability|